Late summer to early fall is when figs come into season – and would you look at that? It’s that time of the year! Our sales manager Bobbi shared this delicious recipe for ripe, sweet figs paired with tangy goat cheese and savory prosciutto and grilled on a maple wood plank. These stuffed figs are the perfect sendoff to summer and welcome to autumn!
All you need to know about figs from Chow.
- 12 ripe but slightly firm figs
- 3 oz. goat cheese, chilled
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp. fig or balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- Soak a maple wood plank in water and heat grill to low. Slice figs in half vertically.
- Place about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of the goat cheese on each half. Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Drape a small piece of proscuitto across each fig.
- Put the maple wood plank in a plank saver and place figs on the plank.
- Grill until warmed through and the figs and goat cheese have softened, 4 to 9 minutes.
- Remove figs from the grill and drizzle with vinegar.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of:
~Bobbi Pauline, Sales Manager